Waiting for Windows 10 upgrade? This article will help you to upgrade to latest build of Windows 10 who stuck with their Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 due to “We’re validating Windows 10 for your PC” message.
Since the start of Windows 10 reservation and it’s launch many people were never able to upgrade to Windows 10 and they keep getting the message “We’re validating Windows 10 for your PC”. One of my laptop also stuck with Windows 8.1 due to this message for long time. At first I used to think this is due to some hardware or driver support issue but Later on I discovered this is not the case. This problem arises due to a windows update configuration issue which disallow further OS upgrade.
Why you see “We’re validating Windows 10 for your PC” message ?
This message arrives mostly OEM built PC with VLK, that means to those PC and laptops which came pre-installed with OS from manufacturer. Your manufacturer specifically disallowed some models.
How to solve “We’re validating Windows 10 for your PC”
This is a software configuration issue, and can be solved very easily with registry edit. Follow these simple steps to solve We’re validating Windows 10 for your PC, and proceed upgrading to Windows 10.
It’s advised to create a restore point before making any registry edit. Any misconfiguration of registry may result in serious problem. It’s also advised to back up registry for restoration.
- Turn on Windows automatic update
- Go to search and search for “Regedit.exe” (Without quotes), and run it.
- Navigate to the following path [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\OSUpgrade]
- A registry entry with name “AllowOSUpgrade” should exist. If it exists change the value to 1.
- If a registry entry doesn’t exist create one DWORD (32-bit) registry entry.
- Name it “AllowOSUpgrade“, and insert 1 to the value field.
- Now go to windows update panel, and check for update.
- You will see message “Windows 10 upgrade ready to be downloaded”
Download the OS image through Windows update panel, and your OS will be upgraded automatically to Windows 10. If windows 10 upgrade download message doesn’t appear after checking for update, reboot your PC/laptop and recheck again, this will solve the problem.
Enjoy the new look and feel of Windows 10, and the best part the upgrade is free.